Thursday, March 17, 2011

Breakfast Burritos

Since we eat mostly fresh here at home, I haven't quite figured out how to use coupons at the store. The coupons normally seem to be for prepackaged items, but I really am hoping to become more economical as time goes on. BUT, when I do find a recipe that I enjoy and that I can use coupons to buy the ingredients, I'll do it and share it. This one is made with sausage and Ore-Ida hashbrowns. You can coupon clip for this meal right? Even better!

I grabbed these from a friend's blog. They sounded really good, and they went together in a snap this morning and really were delicious! I even froze the other half so Jared has a quick meal to take to work with him. I know a breakfast burrito is easy, and the Ore-Ida hashbrowns with peppers and onions already mixed just gave me extra idea for what to do with those left-over potatoes in the future.

Does it go without saying that my son loved the hashbrowns while I fixed Jared and my burritos?

(from http://www.elliseats.blogspot.com/)

For 4 burritos:

1/2 a bag of Ore Ida "Peppers and Onion Hash Browns" fried up in a pan
1/2 lb of ground sausage browned
6 eggs scrambled with salt and pepper to taste
shredded cheese (mexican blend, cheddar, whatever suits your tastes)
4 uncooked tortillas, cooked

Assemble the fixings inside a tortilla, splash with a little hot sauce. Freeze what you don't use.

No comments:

Post a Comment